Supporting our patients during proposed tube and rail strikes
The best way to keep up to date with this ever-evolving situation is to keep checking our website, and the TfL and National Rail websites.
Our hospitals will remain open during the period of planned rail and tube strikes on Saturday 13 August and between 18-20 August. This will affect:
- National Rail services
- TfL services, including the tube, London Overground, buses in west and north west London and parts of Hertfordshire and Surrey
- Elizabeth line
Lines will be disrupted, delayed and busier than usual during this time, which will likely impact your journey, so we advise planning your route in advance and allowing plenty of time to travel.
If you know in advance that you will be unable to attend your appointment during these strikes, please contact the booking team using the number provided on your appointment letter or call the switchboard for the hospital relevant to you to let us know.
- Mile End Hospital: 020 7377 7000
- Newham Hospital: 020 7476 4000
- The Royal London Hospital: 020 7377 7000
- St Bartholomew's Hospital: 020 7377 7000
- Whipps Cross Hospital: 020 8539 5522
We are also contacting some patients to offer a virtual or telephone appointment as an alternative.
We will be flexible with appointment timings, allowing for the fact that you may be delayed on route. Please note that you may then experience a wait if you do arrive later than your specified appointment time. If you are delayed on your way to your appointment, please contact the team to let them know.